Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving Day (albeit very early the morning of) and I'm at work. I've been here since 7pm and will be here until 7am, and have to work the same shift tonight.
I'm thankful, though, that I have a job to go to that pays well - even if the hours sometimes suck.
 
That's the start of my list of things I'm thankful for this year.  I won't be able to list every single thing I'm thankful for, or I'd be writing for ever - there's just that much that is good in my life.  I usually don't talk about those things though - I grumble about everything else. Rubi hates that (sorry, Love).  Here's how I see it: I point out the not good things, because those things can be changed. The good stuff is good (by definition) - so it doesn't need to be changed.  Just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it or am not thankful for it. 
 
I'm thankful for:
    Rubi and my marriage.
    My kids.
    My extended family of parents and in-laws and siblings and whatever.
    The school my kids attend.
    This country, and the freedoms we have and often take for granted.
    Our church.
    Rubi's job.
    Stupid people, unfortunate events, etc - because that means I have job security.
    Caffeinated beverages: to help me stay awake when I have crazy hours at work.
    Books.
    My kids love of reading.
    Reading on the couch with Rubi.
    My Mondays with Rubi.
    Pizza Delivery.
    Visitors to this blog! (Hi! Welcome! Happy Thanksgiving!)
 
I'll stop there for now. This list could go on and on.
 
Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Black Friday, Happy Buy Nothing Day.
 
 
.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Hunt said...

It figures you would stop there, cause right after 'Visitors tothe Blog' was Logen Starlogic. T_T

Happy thanksgiving Bayer bunch!