Sunday, February 22, 2009

Marriage Meme

Found this at Carrie's Blog.

What are your middle names?
Mine is Matthew, Rubi doesn't have one.

How long have you been together?
We started officially dating in October of 1993 and got married the following May.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Well, we met in early 1992. Then we became friends I think later that year and that just kind of turned into dating.

Who asked whom out?
Does offering her a job count? That's indirectly how we became friends. I don't think there was ever a first "asking out". We started doing things in groups with other friends, and after awhile the groups ended up just being the two of us.

How old are each of you?
I'm 35. She's not.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
We see Rubi's sister more often. We see my oldest sister at holidays. My other siblings are spread around the country.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Definitely financial issues.

Did you go to the same school?
No, but she took a radio class at the high school I went to. That's the first place we met. I was a "guest speaker" at her class.

Are you from the same home town?
Yep.

Who is smarter?
Definitely Rubi.

Who is the most sensitive?
Again, definitely Rubi.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Drive-through.
Oh you mean OUT. Sometimes we'll do Logan's Steakhouse or something like that.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
As a couple? Troy Michigan and Memphis Tennessee.

Who has the craziest exes?
Sheesh it's been 15 years.

Who has the worst temper?
Well... we both have tempers; but mine is louder.

Who does the cooking?
We both do.

Who is the neat-freak?
What is this neatness you speak of?

Who is more stubborn?
Both of us.

Who hogs the bed?
Me.

Who wakes up earlier?
Almost always Rubi. I am not a morning person. Sure, there are mornings where I have to be up early. Or mornings where Rubi decides to sleep in. But almost always she's up well before I am.

Where was your first date?
I don't remember an official first date (she's probably going to kill me). As I mentioned before, we started doing things together in a group, and eventually the group was just the two of us.

Who is more jealous?
I would say most definitely me.

How long did it take to get serious?
One date - we were together from that point on.

Who eats more?
At meals, me. But she snacks and I rarely do.

Who does the laundry?
Who doesn't?

Who’s better with the computer?
Depends on what we're talking about.

Who drives when you are together?
Me.



.


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Who does the laundry?
Me.

Hunt said...

Lol @ Liz!

Aww! y'all got married the same year I was born!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Your courtship wasn't much longer than ours! :)

kevbayer said...

@Logen: Thanks for making me feel old!

@Carrie: I guess you could call it a courtship! :-D